September Sisters

Being women of a certain age, we are all about celebrating birthday MONTHS, not birthDAY.  I mean, when you’ve devoted this much time to bringing joy to all you encounter on this earth, surely there MUST be some rewards.  All that to say that September is MY birthday month!

We were able to plan our celebration to coincide with Artsy Raub’s Halloween themed paint n sip!   But first, food and drink!   Dining with my sisters is always an adventure.  And, unfortunately, our server was a newbie, so they made her work. You may think they look innocent here, but if you truly know them, you know better!
Shortly after ordering, our youngest sister, Tracy, discovered that she “forgot” her wallet.  Fortunately, we covered her for the night.

Tracy, being mildly ill, limited her imbibment to hot apple cider (with a shot of Fireball).  CJ, our lightweight, chose Blue Moon......and we confirmed why she should really only drink once in a blue moon.....she became quite amorous and seriously, it was JUST US GIRLS!!!  




Thank goodness we moved on to the painting portion of our evening and not a moment too soon!!!

Again, sisters though we be, the differences are there.  Some are a little messier than others and some are more detail oriented!  I won’t say who is who, but only one of us brought an apron (though, to be fair, one wore her painting shirt)

We followed directions, colored inside the lines (mostly), and painted our little hearts out until we drove ourselves a little crazy. (Can you get paint fumes from acrylic paints?!?!)



By the time we got to the end of the adventure, I mean, night, we had completed some really cool Halloween pictures.  If you look closely, you can see that CJ added her “were-chicken”....completely necessary for the chicken woman of Mountain Home!!



Oh my gosh!   I just noticed that I held my painting on the bottom, Tracy on the sides, and Cammi on the top!!   I’m sure that must mean something!  (Comment below if you have a theory!)

PS. I can’t let a birthday post go by without paying homage to my sister, Peggy, who left us way too early and was my birthday buddy.  Depending on how she felt about me at the moment, I was either her best or worst birthday present!  Miss you always, sister, but most on our birthday! ❤️



Dedicated to our Idaho Rose in heaven, Peggy.  9/1/48 - 1/11/09

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LITTLE BROKEN ANGEL

A THORN FOR THE ROSES!

We’re Baaaaaaack!!!! Maybe?